Scientists: Inventors, Researchers, Engineers, Mathematicians
Scientists seem to spend so much time behind-the-scenes it's actually rare for someone to gain enough public aknoledgement to appear on a famous list. When this happens it's usually because their discoveries and inventions have made them wealthy businessmen (or women). If you check our business listings you'll see this. Meanwhile we do have some notable names including Alan Cox, Dr Evan Pierce, Herbert Stuart, John Ddu and of course mathematician Robert Recorde.
Wendell StanleyNobel prize for Chemistry.
David BruntPioneer of modern meteorology; head of Meteorological Office, secretary of Royal Society.
Isaac RobertsHe pioneered deep space photography at the end of the nineteenth century.
More Articles ...
- Frank Hope-Jones, scientist with a connection to Wales (Ruthin)
- Sir John Thomas (Prof), scientist with a Welsh connection!
- Kevin Morgan, scientist with a connection to Wales (Swansea)
- Edward Roberts, scientist with a Welsh connection!
- Sir Chris Evans, scientist with a connection to Wales (Port Talbot)
- Laurence Matthews, scientist with a Welsh connection!