Richard Pitchford The Great Cardini was quite simply the greatest close up magician that has ever lived. His cigarette, card and billiard ball maipulation act is still seen as the best and most flawless of all time.
Robert Williams Affectionately known as RP (Williams) he was very well known as a preacher at the taberbacle in Holyhead in the early 1900's.
Major Jones Major Thomas Jones is the namesake of Jones Beach State Park in New York. It is the second largest state park in the United States, and became part of the United States Park system in 1929, after a dedication by then governor of New York, Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
Johnny Creek He found one of the largest gold nuggets ever. Laid to rest next to two of the most famous wild west characters, Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane.
Jerry Davies Jerry founded Davies Veterinary Specialists, one of the most successful veterinary referral hospitals in Europe.
Edward Davis In 1683 davis was quartermaster to captain cook when he took the ship of captain tristian, a french buccaneer based at petit guave in the west indies.
John Guest John guest was the only surviving son of Thomas Guest an iron-master, he took over his fathers company in Merthyr in 1807. Guest was a shrewd businessman by the 1830's the Dowlais ironworks was the largest in the world.
More Articles …
- Kim Winser, business woman with a Welsh connection!
- Arwel Richards, business man with a connection to Wales (Carmarthen, Llanelli, West Wales)
- Jonathan Edwards, business man with a connection to Wales (Wrexham)
- Jane Matthews, business woman with a Welsh connection!
- Doug Perkins, business man (Maesybont, Plymouth Brethren, Specsavers) with a connection to Wales (Ammanford, West Wales)
- Glynn Pegler, business man (Culture Group) with a connection to Wales (Caerphilly)