Business: Entrepreneur, Financier, Banker, businessman
Many world famous businessmen have surprisingly either come from Wales or have important Welsh connections. Some have incredible stories, most have quietly got on with business making changes that effect millions but few know their names. Entrepreneurs with Welsh connections include Laura Ashley, Charles Rolls, J.P.Morgan, Sir Howard Stringer and many many more!
Gave mail-order (catalogue) shopping to the world.(circa 1859)
Hon. Charles S. Rolls
The first pilot to fly across the channel and back in a single journey. A man with a real zest for life filled with victorian confidence!
Bob NeillThe world's greatest craftsman in the art of pyrography (an ancient art of burning designs on wood) and one of the most recognised people outside of Wales for promoting Wales, the Welsh language and the annual Eisteddfod.
Laura began her highly successful fashion empire in the 1950's with her husband Sir Bernard Ashley from their home in London. In 1961 they moved to Carno, Wales, their business continued to develop, expanding steadily they moved into a disused railway station!
Arwel RichardsA festival entrepreneur, namely Llandeilo Jazz and the Swansea Film Festival. A farmer's son Arwel has an events and PR company.
Bledry MorganColonel Morgan should not be confused with the buccaneer, Sir Henry Morgan, Governor of Jamaica.
Colonel Bledry Morgan is thought to have been a relative of Sir Henry Morgan and worked with him on a number of occasions. He was an important person in Jamaica between 1660 and 1670. At the taking of Panama by Henry Morgan in 1670 the Colonel commanded the rearguard of 300 men.
Bob EvansFamous Restaurant Entrepreneur.
- Doug Perkins, business man (Maesybont, Plymouth Brethren, Specsavers) with a connection to Wales (Ammanford, West Wales)
- Edward Davis, business man with a Welsh connection!
- Edward Jones, business man with a connection to Wales (Ruthin, Denbigh, Denbighshire)
- Frank Wright, business man with a Welsh connection!
- Glynn Pegler, business man (Culture Group) with a connection to Wales (Caerphilly)
- Huw Wheldon, business man with a connection to Wales (Snowdonia)