Artists: Painters, Sculptors, Art and Crafts
Every town, village and remote little hamlet in Wales has a resident artist. It's nice to know that this art and craft tradition is as strongas ever and the proof is here within our list of famous Welsh artists, sculptors and craftsmen. You'll find references to Cefyn Burgess, David Emmanuel, Charles Byrd, Ernest Zobole, Christopher Williams, Gwen John and more!
Bob NeillThe world's greatest craftsman in the art of pyrography (an ancient art of burning designs on wood) and one of the most recognised people outside of Wales for promoting Wales, the Welsh language and the annual Eisteddfod.
Brendan BurnsOnly second artist ever to win the gold medal in fine art at the National Eisteddfod of Wales.
Bryn WilliamsThe world's leading Welsh professional Formula 1 photographer. The only Welsh one. Has covered Formula 1 motor racing since the early 1980's.
Bryn YemmRenowned impressionist painter.
Cambridge JonesPhotography. Portraits of the most famous people of our time.
Cefyn BurgessCeltic weavings.
Ceri RichardsWork displayed in the Glynne Vivian Art Gallery, Swansea.
- Charles Byrd, artist with a connection to Wales (Pontypridd)
- Charles Lester, artist with a Welsh connection!
- Chase Valentin, artist with a connection to Wales (Flint, Monmouthshire, Flintshir)
- Christopher Grant, artist with a connection to Wales (Cardiff)
- Christopher Williams, artist with a connection to Wales (Maesteg, Neath)
- Cledwyn Hughes, artist with a connection to Wales (Ynys Mon)